January 10, 2017 – Issue 50
Photo: Success Word on Compass © Envato
Happy New Year’s! Over the past few months, I have discussed the importance to reflect, plan, and take action as to where you want to take your business / career and life in several of my blogs. This being my 50th blog and a New Year, it just seems fitting that I should walk my own talk.
While completing my own self-reflection as to where I would like to focus my energy on this year, along with continuing to work fulltime, one of my primary goals is to finish writing several books I started a few years back and to do more public speaking as part of my action plan towards my success for 2017. Hence with some mix feelings, I have decided that this will be my last blog for now.
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.”
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Consequently, have you taken the time to do your own self-reflection and planned out what you want to accomplish for 2017? Did you sit down and write out your goals and all of the steps in how you plan to ensure you accomplish them? If not, what are you waiting for? No one else is going to do the work for you. Only you know what is best for your business/career and life.
If you want successful results then you need to do the work. This includes examining and identifying what your 2016 goals and results were and did you fulfill everything you aim to do? If not, why not? Was there a valid reason for not getting the results you had planned for or did you get a bit lazy and just coast, hoping things would work out? Also, look around you, who are you keeping company with? How successful are they in their lives? It is often stated that who we surround ourselves with is how successful we will be in our own life. Maybe it is time to look for some new friends?
“The secret of getting things done is to act!”
If you need some resources to help you in the self-reflection work, or the building of your action plan you can always refer back to several of my past blogs to guide you in this work of developing your goals and Action Plan for 2017.
- November 29, 2016, Issue 47 – Examine, Evaluate and Explore!
- November 15, 2016, Issue 46 – Achieve More, Take Action!
- November 1, 2016, Issue 45 – Plan to Vastu Shastra your life!
- September 20, 2016, Issue 42 – Checking Items Off Your Bucket List
- August 23, 2016, Issue 40 – My Challenge to You
- August 9, 2016, Issue 39 – Consider the Consequences!
- May 17, 2016, Issue 33 – 1,440 Minutes a Day!
- April 5, 2016, Issue 30 – Tackling Deadlines!
- February 9, 2016, Issue 26 – Reduce Risk in your Goals and Projects!
- January 26, 2016, Issue 25 – Be Prepared!
- January 12, 2016, Issue 24 – Your Comfort Zone!
- December 29, 2015, Issue 23 – Wishing you all the best for 2016
- December 1, 2015, Issue 21 – Ready for 2016?
- November 3, 2015, Issue 19 – A Positive Mindset = Remarkable Outcomes!
- September 22, 2015, Issue 16 – How Satisfied Are You With Your Business Results?
- June 9, 2015, Issue 9 – Do you suffer from the Shiny Penny Syndrome?
- April 14, 2015, Issue 5 – “Are You On Track?”
- March 17, 2015, Issue 3 – PLAN FOR SUCCESS IN 2015
“Success is about enjoying what you have and where you are,
while pursuing achievable goals.”
All the best to you in 2017 and good luck with whatever goals you decide to tackle in your life. May you achieve the success and results that you are striving for!